- 01.09.2021 to 31.12.2023
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management, Quality Intelligence
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Teaching and Research Field Engineering Hydrology (LFI) of RWTH Aachen University
- Center for Teaching and Learning Services (CLS) of RWTH Aachen University
- German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech)
Marcos Padrón Hinrichs
- +49 1517 2921969
- Send Email
With the project nextSTEP (2021-2023), in the supplementary program "Transnational Education - Strengthening and Excellence through Profile Building" (TNB-STEP) of the German Academic Exchange Service e. V. (DAAD), RWTH Aachen University will accompany its partner university, the German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech), in its further development from 2021 to 2023. The project nextSTEP continues the successful cooperation between RWTH and GUtech since the foundation of GUtech in 2007.
Under the project leadership of Prof. Robert Schmitt (Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management at the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL)) in cooperation with the teaching and research field Engineering Hydrology led by Prof. Heribert Nacken and the Center for Teaching and Learning Services led by Dr. Malte Persike, different measures are implemented to
- digitize GUtech's teaching,
- improve the quality of research and teaching at GUtech, and
- strengthen inter-university relations.
The measures include the development of a system to determine the scientific impact of GUtech, the establishment of learning analytics at GUtech, the design of virtual metrology laboratory exercises or virtual internships for GUtech students. The measures are supplemented by public relations work as well as professional development.