ZUKIPRO - Hub for Human-centered AI in Production
- 01.03.2021 to 31.12.2022
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management, Organizational Development, Chai of Manufacturing Technology, Digital Transformation
- Gesellschaft für soziale Unternehmensberatung mbH (gsub) on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)
- Deutsches Forschungsinstitut für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) – Forschungsgruppe Smart Service Engineering
- Universität Kassel – Fachgebiete Wirtschaftsinformatik, Mensch-Maschine-Systemtechnik, Kommunikationstechnik (ComTec)
- Technische Universität Darmstadt – Institut für Arbeitswissenschaft
- Institut für Technologie und Arbeit e.V. (ITA)
- IHK Kassel-Marburg und IHK Hessen-Innovativ
- Regionalmanagement Nordhessen GmbH
Digitalization has picked up speed significantly during the corona pandemic bringing new opportunities and challenges for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). At the same time, digitalization and the use of AI-based applications are changing the professions and requirements for employees.
To ensure support on site to SMEs and their employees facing the digital change, the Hub for Human-centered AI in Production "ZUKIPRO" offers an institutionalized format in order to provide low-threshold and human-centered access to the challenging topics. This takes place in the regional BMAS AI Transformation Hub with special focus on SMEs in Hessen.
The range of services includes consulting, qualification, testing and diffusion of human-centered AI applications for companies in the manufacturing industry. Based on an analysis of regional needs and current existing offers, AI solutions and digital skills are developed in a participatory manner with employees and social partners and made widely usable.
The main design and implementation of the services are put on together with the consortium partners. The partners complement each other in their expertise from research, advice and implementation in the fields of digitalization and ergonomics as well as the knowledge of regional corporate landscapes. Among them are scientific research institutes, chambers, associations and societies that promote digital development with a focus on AI. The BMAS AI Transformation Hub is completed with the necessary socio-political expertise and infrastructure of various associated partners.
This special combination of technological, ergonomic and socio-political backgrounds distinguishes the unique network in Hessen. A main office in Frankfurt am Main and further offices in Kassel and Darmstadt guarantee a regionally optimized range of services for North, Central and South Hessen.