Subscription Canvas – Conceptualization of value propositions within subscription models in SMEs
- 01.05.2020 to 30.04.2022
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering, Innovation Management
- AiF e.V., Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
- FIR e.V. at RWTH Aachen University
The goal of the research project „Subscription Canvas“ is to support SMEs in the structured development of value propositions within subscription models. For this purpose, an SME-friendly Subscription Canvas is to be developed, which enables a systematic and established procedure. Moreover, a validation will be carried out by means of case studies, implementation guidelines and business games.
The following fields of action will be addressed within the research project:
- Initial feasibility assessment of subscription-based business models in SMEs
- Identification of customer value potential and definition of the subscription-based value proposition
- Design of optimization-capable physical products
- Design and implementation of an optimization-capable service concept
- Creation of a usage profile to derive optimization potentials with regard to product and services
- Design of a service system in line with complexity costs
- Technical and organizational realization of the subscription-base value proposition in SMEs
In this way, SMEs benefit in the long term from a structured approach that supports them in implementing subscription-based business models.