Interdisciplinary factory planning
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering
- Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. Matthias Dannapfel, Prof. Peter Burggräf
Also in the winter semester 2020/21 students have the opportunity to work on the factory planning task of a project partner as part of an interdisciplinary planning team. The planning process of a factory is characterized by a high
e complexity, since different disciplines work closely together. Until now, prospective engineers and architects have often been insufficiently prepared for this challenge. In the course "Interdisciplinary Factory Planning", students of architecture, mechanical engineering (production technology and energy technology) and civil engineering jointly design a holistic factory concept on the basis of a practical case, so that a highly dynamic, almost real planning process is created.
Course of events:
Due to the limited number of places available, participants will be selected by lot. Both the application and the allocation of places will be done separately for each chair (Application deadline in WS 20/21 until October 11, 2020).
2) Allocation of places
The project teams are formed from the following disciplines:
- Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering Mechanical Engineering: Machine Tool Laboratory (WZL)
- Construction Engineering / Industrial Engineer: Chair and Institute for Construction and Project Management (ibp)
- Energy Technology: Institute for Energy Efficient Buildings and Indoor Climate (EON ERC EBC)
- Architecture: Chair of Structural Engineering (TRAKO)
Introductory event with presentation and issue of the task
4) Short lectures
Presentation of the theoretical content of the individual disciplines
5) Introduction to the task by the project partner
Introduction to the company and presentation of the necessary information
6) Project support
Weekly to biweekly supervision appointments
7) Other compulsory dates:
1st Intermediate Colloquium in November
2nd intermediate colloquium in January
Exam colloquium at the beginning of February
The exact semester dates can be found in the course description in RWTH online.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the contact person on the right.