Basic Seminar Factory Planning - Digital Factory Planning in Research and Practice
Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 9am to 5:30pm
New digital tools and methods are required to meet current and future demands on factory planning. Digital factory planning provides these methods and tools with the Integrated Factory Modelling (IFM) approach. Besides knowledge, context-related application and linking are decisive for success. This can result in an interface-optimized and collaboratively planned digital factory model. During the seminar, the procedure for creating an integrated factory model is run through in its entirety.
Both theory and practice are taught in the following topics:
- Introduction of Integrated Factory Modelling (IFM)
- Laser scanning of existing factory structures
- Building modelling using BIM standards
- Production planning in 2D-/3D-CAD
- Coordination and collision check of the integrated factory model
- Collaborative working via a cloud platform
- Creation of virtual reality applications for factory validation
- Equipping the factory model with metadata
At the end of the seminar, the participants will have penetrated the overall process of building an integrated factory model and will have partly carried it out themselves. In addition, the added value of Digital Factory Planning will be illustrated in a situation- and company-specific manner.
Further information can be found on the event page.