Questions meet answers: Advice on digitalization and networking in production engineering
Virtual digitalization consultation hours with experts from WZL and IPTCopyright: © iStock | PeopleImages | ID: 842849518
In cooperation with WZL Aachen GmbH, experts from the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) at RWTH Aachen University and the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology (IPT) are now offering free virtual digitalization consultation hours. Every week, selected time slots are available for interested parties from research, industry and business, in which questions about digitalization and networking in production are answered based on the comprehensive know how of Aachen production engineers.
The experts from WZL and IPT help beginners and advanced managers at all management levels to answer frequently asked questions about everyday operations and provide them with further information and tips - or network them with suitable specialists.
The field of digitalization encompasses many topics and developments. For this reason, the possible contents of the digitalization consultation hours were limited to ten topic blocks.
- Topic block 00: Beginner dialog without focus
- Topic block 01: Digitalization and networking of existing (retrofitting) or new machines and production systems
- Topic block 02: Real-time capable process monitoring of manufacturing processes
- Topic block 03: Big Data, Edge and Cloud Computing Architectures
- Topic block 04: Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Topic block 05: Distributed Ledger Technologies, block chain and Data Marketplaces
- Topic block 06: Digital business models, platforms and network effects
- Topic block 07: Digitalization of administrative processes and mobile office
- Topic block 08: Training opportunities for beginners and advanced learners
- Topic block 09: Subsidy opportunities and digitalization vouchers for companies
- Topic block 10: Cooperation opportunities with RWTH Aachen University
The experts will develop the above-mentioned topic blocks using practice-relevant case studies on selected incubators and production technology demonstrators. Interested parties have the opportunity to visit the following incubators on site:
- Incubator 01: Predictive Process Monitoring and Digital Business Models at the example of a large series sheet metal processing process
- Incubator 02: Model-based real-time process analysis and control for safety critical engine components
- Incubator 03: Functional backtracing in the area of gear manufacturing based on process models and data
- Incubator 04: Adaptive production process chains through data- and model-based forecasts in toolmaking
Further information and registration options can be found on the website of the digitalization consultation hours. Secure a time slot and arrange a 20 to 30 minute video call via Skype, teams or GoTo meeting.