A Productive, Affordable and Reliable solution for large scale manufacturing of metallic components by combining laser-based ADDItive and Subtractive processes with high Efficiency
- 01.10.2016 to 31.05.2020
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Machine Tools, Machine Data Analytics and NC-Technology
- European Commission EC
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation
- Ibarmia Innovatek S.L.
- Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
- Precitec GmbH & Co. KG
- GKN Aerospace Norway AS
- Manufacture Française des Pneumatiques Michelin
- Universidad del País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea
The main objective of the project is the further development of hybrid production systems and thus the combination of additive processing - for example laser deposition welding - and subtractive processing - for example milling and turning. In the project, CAx technologies, intelligent components and monitoring and control systems for the hybrid process will be developed. The aim is to achieve a synergetic combination:
- High flexibility for CAM planning, the materials to be used, high material efficiency, high savings in material resources and the costs of LMD operations;
- High accuracy, robustness and productivity of subtractive operations.