Low- Cost assembly units - Invest - minimal and highly efficient electric vehicle - Assembly
- 01.06.2017 to 01.06.2020
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering, Factory Planning
- German Aerospace Center DLR, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy BMWi
- PTC, Inc.
- Götting KG
- e.GO Mobile AG
- PSI FLS Fuzzy Logik & Neuro Systeme GmbH (associated project partner)
Motivation and procedure:
The major part of the added value of final automobile assembly today takes place in a few large mass factories in the central core markets. Various developments show that such cost-intensive and rigid production systems are not suitable for future requirements. New approaches are required for the economical production of vehicles in decentralized value-added structures close to the market. The solution approach of the LoCoMo research project consists of flexible low-cost assembly units based on technical process innovations in the form of four fields of action.
- Enabling self-propelled electric vehicle chassis to create structural flexibility and reduce infrastructure investments
- Automated derivation of assembly design drawings from product design drawings for the automated design of fixtures manufactured using 3D printing processes
- Break up expensive and highly repetitive alignment processes in assembly by using printed elements to compensate for tolerances
- Research of flexible low-cost assembly structures including the necessary real-time control logic and implementation of a demonstrator assembly