Cluster of Excellence "Internet of Production" - WS B2 Team A Production Technology – Connected Job Shop
- 01.01.2019 to 31.12.2025
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management, Chair of Manufacturing Technology, Chair of Machine Tools
- German Research Foundation DFG
- IRT RWTH Aachen University
- Chair of Computer Science 5 (Information Systems) RWTH
- Institute of Welding and Joining Technology RWTH
- Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems RWTH
A large amount of data is generated during the operation of production facilities such as machine tools. This includes direct machine information, such as forces, vibrations, but also meta information about environmental conditions, such as ambient temperatures or individual machine assemblies. According to the current state of the art, these data are usually neither used nor stored, and with appropriate evaluation they could lead to increased added value as well as an additional gain in knowledge.
For example, it is possible to use this data in combination with corresponding model knowledge to reduce thermal machine tool errors and to continuously expand the models generated for this purpose. As a result, machine tools could also be stabilized in non-climatized environments to such an extent that they can be used similar to coordinate measuring machines for the in-situ measurement of manufactured components.
Machines should lead beyond today's technological limits. A methodology for networking different production processes at shop floor level is to be developed.