NUMA 4.X Sustainable and Human-Centered Automotive Factory
- 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2025
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering, Factory Planning, Innovation Management, Chair of Production Metrology and Quality Management, Chair of Manufacturing Technology, Digital Transformation, IMA
- Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action
• Ford-Werke GmbH
• Universität Stuttgart
• WBA Aachener Werkzeugbau Akademie GmbH
• SEITEC GmbH
• Scansonic MI GmbH
• Lorch Schweißtechnik GmbH
• LS Software & Engineering GmbH
• IconPro GmbH
The German automotive industry is facing challenges such as addressing climate change through resource-efficient production, demographic change, and digitalization. Employees are increasingly being confronted with new digital solutions instead of being integrated into modern production involving cognitively valuable decisions. The necessary integration of humans into the paradigm of modern, resource-efficient and resilient production technology is lacking.
The NuMA 4.X project aims to support employees by providing a larger space for action and information, thereby increasing autonomy, and enabling creative problem-solving in the context of resource-efficient production.
The concept is also referred to as "Operator Empowerment" and will be tested in three different use cases (forming, joining, and assembly) at the Ford plant in Cologne. The benefits of the developed AI-based system for employees will also be demonstrated.