agileASSEMBLY - Agile design of the late phases of product development
- 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2025
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering, Factory Planning
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMWF)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO
- University of Stuttgart - Institute of Industrial Engineering and Technology Management IAT
- Machine Tool Laboratory WZL of RWTH Aachen University
- Aucobo GmbH
- Diehl Metering GmbH
- Digital worx GmbH
- Eurogard GmbH
- Gleason Pfauter Machine Factory GmbH
- Hawk Intelligent Technologies GmbH
- IMS Gear SE & Co.KGaA
- Mauser Production GmbH
- Qundis GmbH
- Dango & Dienenthal GmbH & Co.KG
The project agileASSEMBLY aims to enhance the adaptability of manufacturing companies in the late stages of product development through the development and implementation of integrated solutions at the personnel, organizational, and technical levels. A particular focus is placed on agile self-organization concepts, supported by digital assistance systems and Industry 4.0 solutions. As part of vertical integration, solutions are being developed to enable assembly personnel to respond immediately and without intermediate planning instances to changes in order intake and the production environment.
In the case of complex capital goods, the assembly seamlessly transitions into the commissioning phase with customers. Therefore, solutions are being developed, following a horizontal integration approach, to align the information and value chain, aiming for waste-free and time-optimized commissioning processes and enabling agile response to customer demands.
The project's main emphasis is on the following use cases, which will be piloted with the participating manufacturing companies and subsequently prepared for transfer: agile shift planning, modular and adaptable work organization, integrated personnel deployment and capacity control, virtual commissioning, and modularization of product development.