TrendAuto 2030plus – Transformation Network for the Automotive and Supplier Industry in the Aachen-Bonn-Cologne-Gummersbach Region
- 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2025
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Machine Tools, Automation and Control, Chair of Production Engineering
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK)
- University of Applied Sciences Köln (TH Köln)
- Entrepreneurs Rhein-Wupper e.V. (UVRW)
- Kölnmetall - Arbeitgeberverband der Metall- und Elektroindustrie Köln e.V.
- IG Metall Köln-Leverkusen
Highly qualified and experienced workers design and operate the value-adding development processes and production systems of the German automotive industry. In North Rhine-Westphalia alone, they are responsible for annual sales of around €34 billion. The OEMs located in the Aachen-Bonn-Cologne-Gummersbach metropolitan area, as well as the small and medium-sized suppliers and start-ups, play a special role in the region as drivers of innovation. The trend of the mobility turnaround is already noticeably affecting them. At the same time, they have the innovation potential to actively shape the transformation process induced by the mobility turnaround. The project TrendAuto2030plus, aims to act as an orchestrating force to drive forward the transformation process of the vehicle and supplier industry in the region. In a network structure, working groups and real laboratories are being established with relevant groups of actors, in which the competencies required for the transformation are being developed in a participatory manner at various knowledge levels and transferred into the practice of the companies and their workforce.