Cluster of Excellence Internet of Production
- 01.01.2019 to 31.12.2025
- Organizational Unit:
- Chair of Production Engineering, Factory Planning
- German Research Foundation DFG
- Chair of Software Engineering (SE) at RWTH Aachen University
- Institute for Plastics Processing at RWTH Aachen University
- Chair for Laser Technology LLT at RWTH Aachen University
- Cybernetics Lab at RWTH Aachen University
- Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- ACCESS e.V.
- Chair for Computational Analysis of Technical Systems
- Chair and Institute of Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics (IAW) of RWTH Aachen University
The Internet of Production strives for the integration of the major domains of a producing company along the lifecycle of a product (production, development and usage). This integration, enabled by the Infrastructure of the Internet of Production, results in a new level and understanding of cross-domain collaboration due to real-time availability of semantically adequate and contextual data from these domains.
The factory as the central point of value creation is also in the foreground in IoP. In two workstreams, the factory planning department deals on the one hand with the design and modelling of digital shadows, but also with the use and evaluation of recorded and linked data in the digital shadow and the influence of digital twins on reality.
More details on the workstreams:
In WS-A.II the "Conceptual Foundations of Digital Shadows" are examined. The IoP faces the task of managing the infrastructure of digital shadows continuously as a knowledge graph of heterogeneous data storage and data stocks. In addition, it is necessary to offer assignment procedures between the data and to generate code for effective data integration and data exchange.
WS-B3.I “Long term Production Management” mainly focuses on long-term strategic planning, i.e. internal production networks, management of the global supply chain and factory planning. In addition, the aspect of future collaborations beyond company borders via platforms is also considered.
Additional information can be found on the website of the Cluster of Excellence.