The research area of Production Engineering focuses in particular on production planning issues. This includes core topics such as integrated process and product design, cooperative value creation, business modelling and system selection.
Fields of research
- Value-stream-orientated production control
- Simulation in Production
- Lean Production
- Replanning and rescheduling of factories
- Digital Factory Design
- Layout Planning with PP Tool
- Agile Low Cost Montage
- Digital Integration
- Automatisation of Design Processes
- Vision "Smart Factory"
- Development and Utilisation of Digital factory Twins
- Networking of Factory Planning Locations