Project example – Conception of an efficient and marketable industrial tool manufacturing
The aim of this project was an industrialization concept for an efficient and competitive tool shop with higher productivity and shorter cycle times.
The procedure was divided in the following operations:
- Status quo analysis of the internal tool making process
- Standardization of tool components and definition of manufacturing blanks
- Recording and analysis of process sequences
- Definition of main process flows
- Segmentation of the tool making process
- Development of a process orientated manufacturing control concept
- Creation of design options for the tool shop layout
- Overall planning for the implementation phase
The result was a new manufacturing concept and a higher degree of standardization for an increase of productivity and shortening of cycle times.