Project example - Initiation of continuous improvement efforts for synchronous tool making
The target of this project was the revision of the structure and process organization of a tool shop in the context of an intended synchronous production.
For this purpose following steps were performed:
- Benchmarking of technological and organizational performance
- Process analysis of order processing
- Optimization of floor layouts
- Establishment of a milestone process
- Synchronisation of workflows
- Adjustment of floor control
- Implementation of tool making wikis
- Support of the implementation and change management
The results of this project are competitive, synchronous processes for manufacture of new tools.