Field of research
Digital Factory Design
Analysis and presentation tools
Motivation and Aim
Caused by a dynamic competitive environnement, factory design faces increasing challenges. On the one hand, the factory design projects are necessery in shorter intervals, resulting in shorter meantimes of a factory design process. On the other hand, the quality and accuracy demanded of such a planning process has to meet much higher expectations, caused by the need for a smooth and frictionless implementation, reducing the costs of time, money and ressouces. IT based tools for factory design turn out to be a fundamental approach to support Factory designers meeting these challenges.
The WZL carries extensive knowledge and a wide experience in various corporate applications of digital Planning and Design of Logistics Systems and their development.
Depending on the specific Task, different Tools are in use:
- FastDesign and the Design Table of the Fraunhofer IPA for Production Control and Layout Design
- Delmia Process Engineer for setup and alignment of workplaces and assembly lines, Delmia Process Engineer
- eMPlant for simmulating the workflow, the succession of events and the flow of materials
- 3D Studio Max for High-End Visualisation and Animation
Based on this experience, the WZL offers wide range support in selecting and implementing these tools and in undertaking such design tasks.
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
Dennis Schneidermann, M.Sc. RWTH Workgroup Leader
Cluster Produktionstechnik 3B 538
Tel.: +49 241 80-22054
Fax: +49 241 80-22293
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area