Field of Research
Numerical Modeling and Process Design
Numeric modeling based on finite element method (FEM) or other numerical methods for solving boundary value problems is often applied for scientific as well as industrial forming problems. On the one hand, it is used to identify and explain process phenomena (e.g. tool loads, component cracks, quality of workpiece material flow). On the other hand, numeric modeling can be used for the process design and optimization.
- Analysis and optimization of forming stages
- Numerical simulation of forming problems
- Prediction of component properties caused by production
- Computation of tool loads and tool deformations
- Development of analogy experiments
- Development and implementation of user subroutines
- Verification of numeric models based on experimental data
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area