Technology Chain Design
The framework of a holistic technology planning approach comprises the dimensions product design, material, and manufacturing technology. The optimization of the manufacturing chain stipulates the simultaneous analysis of all three dimensions and the integration of specialists. Alternative technology chains are generated and evaluated by multi-criteria objectives. Your company benefits in particular from the expert knowledge present at the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering. The multidisciplinary approach enables the generation of innovative solutions in the scope of manufacturing technology.
- Identification of product design as well as material and technology alternatives
- Holistic optimization of technology chains
- Benchmarking of alternatives
- Estimation of manufacturing cost and times
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
Jan Rey, M.Sc. RWTH Workgroup Leader
Cluster Produktionstechnik 3A 358
Tel.: +49 241 80-28104
Fax: +49 241 80-22293
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area