Field of Reserach
The numerical modelling on the basis of finite elements method (FEM) or other numerical methods in order to solve boundary value problems is increasingly becoming more and more a scientifically and industrially used tool in the field of grinding technology. On the one hand, it is used for the identification and explanation of process related phenomena (like grinding wheel stresses, mechanical, thermal and metallurgical work piece stresses). On the other hand, the numerical simulation can be used to design and to optimize several the grinding process as well.
- Analysis and optimization of the grinding process
- Numerical simulation of the grinding process
- Prediction of the production-related work piece properties
- Validation of numerical models with experimental data
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
Maximilian Lachenmaier, M.Sc. RWTH Workgroup Leader
Cluster Produktionstechnik 3A 340
Tel.: +49 241 80-20392
Fax: +49 241 80-22293
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area