Field of Research
Tribology and Surface Engineering
The success of forming processes is strongly depending on the interactions between tools and workpiece. The interactions arise due to complex interdependencies between mechanical loads, physico-chemical influences of lubricants, surface coatings and surface structures. For a sussesfully derived process design, the mentioned influences must be decently considered.
- CVD- und PVD coatings
- Alternative lubricants
- Determination of coefficients of friction
- Experimental and numerical study of surfaces
- Modeling of forming processes to determine boundary conditions
- Wear analysis
- Physico-chemical analysis of lubricants
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area