Department EDM/ECM Processes
The department of EDM and ECM provides numerous services regard to electro discharge machining and electro chemical machining. For example fundamental analysis of the material removal behavior of various materials during EDM and ECM or technical consulting for process improvements. Furthermore we offer simple cutting and drilling operations machined by EDM.
Services for EDM at WZL:
- Fundamental research, technology development and technical consulting,
- Cutting operations of all metals and electroconductive ceramics,
- Drillings with a minimal diameter of 50 µm also in highstrength materials,
- Sinking EDM including electrode manufacturing.
Services for ECM at WZL:
- Fundamental analysis of the material removal behavior,
- Process development for pulsed and unpulsed electro chemical machining,
- Cathode design with simulation tools
- High frequency process monitoring for characterization of the mechanisms,
- Bending fatigue limit analysis for characterization of surface integrity.
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Klink Chief Engineer
Cluster Produktionstechnik 3A 438
Tel.: +49 241 80-28242
Fax: +49 241 80-22293
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area