Project example - Relocation of the tool shop and efficiency optimization of the tool supply
The target of this project was therelocation of the tool shop and efficiency optimization of the tool supply.
For this purpose the following steps were performed:
- Project and cost controlling of the relocation of the tool making
- Identification of dispensable inventory through a 6S-Workshop
- Process orientated arrangement of the manufacturing areas and validation with regard to the lean principals
- Risk management ensuring a continuous tool supply
- Detailed planning of the implementation sequence and coordination of external service providers
The results of this project were at the one hand areduction of the relocation period by 2 weeks through efficient project and risk management and on the other hand the reduction of the relocation costs by 21,5 % through stringent project and cost controlling.