PLC & Motion Control Technologies
The development of PLC controls in the beginning of the seventies caused significant changes in the range of control engineering. By merging a hardware solution with application software – witch is adaptable to an individual automation task – a much more flexible and cost-efficient manufacturing process was enabled. Nowadays both the automation level and the complexity of automation solutions increase continuously. Additionally at the same time the customer operates with shorter product life cycles and smaller time slots to work profitable which leads to a significant cost pressure even on this side.
- modularisation of PLC programmes
- object-oriented PLC programming
- virtual manufacturing systems
- systematic verification of PLC programmes
Do you have questions concerning this research area?
- Current projects
- Proposals for student research projects and scientific projects concerning this research area